No experience is needed for any internship positions, however prior knowledge or experience will be weighted. We require less than 10 hours of work per week on average, and in most cases you can work from home after we show you the ropes. The benefit behind an internship is in the educational experience that you will build, while observing your work being used in the real world. Learning through work that is actually used for a purpose is more fun and easier to understand and master. Creating projects and articles that are used by thousands of consumers is an awesome way to see your increased set of skills having an impact, rather than learning through a text book and getting a grade report from a professor. You also will begin building a portfolio of real-world projects that you can show future employers. These positions are not ‘coffee delivery’ internships, meaning we will be placing you at the head of our departments creating and learning real skills, not delivering lunch like some other companies internships entail. Plus in some cases you may be able to earn college credit for learning outside the classroom!
Positions (click to read details):
[dcs_toggle_frame color="#e6333b" title="Executive Writer"]
Write about your favorite music and artists
You will learn how to use the WordPress web-publishing platform to run and maintain a professional blog/website. We are looking for an intern that is passionate about music, has an excellent opinion on any specific genre of music, can write in an interesting and engaging fashion, and is interested in learning some basics in web design. Likely project topics will include up-to-date track releases, ‘Top 10′ and ‘best of’ lists, and artist highlights regarding: Indie Music, Dubstep, and Electronic Dance Music, Chill Out, Hip Hop, as well as reviews and articles on Music Festivals.
Skills that you will learn with this position:
- Maintain, and function a website using WordPress including basics in building the infrastructure of a wordpress website, and Functioning a wordpress website. (Don’t worry, this all sounds a bit more complicated than it actually is)
- Basic HTML coding and embedding.
- Beginner-Intermediate-level skills in editing photos, text, and flyers in Photoshop.
- You will work closely with the WordPress Design/SEO position.
- *Only position that you can be located outside of San Diego and can work from home.
Majors that will benefit most from this internship:
- Web Design
- Liberal Arts
[dcs_toggle_frame color="#e65d34" title="Media Producer"]
iClub.fm is the largest music podcast network in the world with 6 channels running nearly 4 million downloads through the iTunes music store. We have pioneered and perfected podcast production and marketing through iTunes. For this intern position we are looking for someone who is passionate about music, interested in learning how to launch, produce, and maintain podcast networks. *An Apple Computer is required as many of the programs we use are only available through Mac’s OS X. The podcast production intern will learn:
- How to professionally produce, edit, and post a podcast through Garageband.
- How to record, edit and mix tracks and vocals in Ableton.
- How to publish a podcast to iTunes.
- How to integrate and maintain a podcast through a website using Soundcloud.
Majors and careers that will benefit most from this internship:
[dcs_toggle_frame color="#e6c534" title="SEO Developer"]
WordPress Design/SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
For the position of SEO intern we are looking for someone who is interested in learning how to build and increase the organic search engine traffic to a website. SEO is one of the fastest growing careers in web-marketing. This position will teach you:
- How to increase the traffic to a website through Google, Bing, yahoo, and social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google +.
- How to stay updated and immersed in the ever-changing world of SEO and Web-marketing
- How to restructure websites for optimal search engine ranking.
- How to build linking relationships for better SEO
- You will work closely with the WordPress Design/Blog Writer position.
Majors that will benefit most from this internship:
- Web Design
[dcs_toggle_frame color="#aed947" title="Why Intern at iClub.fm?"]
We are not your typical collection of corporate businessmen, in fact there’s nothing corporate about us. All our staff are young professionals, 1-3 years post grad from San Diego universities, most of which are touring Club DJs. We like music, surfing, long walks on the beach, and dislike anything to do with stress so there’s not a lot of that here at iClub.fm. While some weeks there may be certain quotas and deadlines to meet, in general we are pretty laid back and allow you to test out your own ideas and skills on our brand.
Besides being one of the largest music blogs and podcast networks in the world, iClub.fm is also a major force in the nightlife industry in Southern California. Based out of San Diego, California, we are partnered closely with Starry Eyed Music (one of the largest DJ labels in Southern California) and many of our staff and business partners are international touring DJs themselves.
We think a 10 hour commitment every week is pretty minimal, and you can work more if you wish. In the end this is your experience, this is the time that you will build your practical skills that set you apart from the global workforce. The more you put in, the more you will learn, but it takes someone who has a drive for knowledge to excel in any industry. If iClub.fm sounds like a great place for you to learn some new skills, we would love to impart our knowledge and expertise on to you.
[dcs_toggle_frame color="#1aafdd" title="Click Here to apply for the iClub.fm Internship"]
Answer these Questions in the Application contact form below:
First off: because any position will require interns to have a solid personal opinion on music, we need to ask a few music-related questions. While iClub.fm takes online charts into consideration when we research the music we promote, the deciding factor of selecting music to spotlight is 25% chart research and 75% personal opinion. There are a lot of bad tracks that make it onto music charts and many more great tracks that never make any top 10 list. It is important that you have your own sense of what good music is to you.
- [customcontact form=1]
* Lastly, because we have gotten an unbelievable response for these internship positions I would like to emphasize that not all applicants can be selected. Also while having prior DJ experience is a plus, we are currently not looking to bring on new DJs for the iTunes show. This internship is primarily with the website and sharing your opinions, experiences, and music discoveries with the world via writing/blogging. Thank You for your interest in the iClub.fm internship!
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/iclubfm/public_html/wp-content/themes/PressGrid/footer.php on line 35